2009年1月27日火曜日

The Long Road



I read "The Long Road". It is story of a boy who has not his right leg. It is the impressive story. Now I will explain this story.
Terry Fox was a good student and a strong athlete. The happy times stop in March, 1977. One day, Terry is running home. He stops suddenly. The family takes him to the hospital. Terry has cancer and there is only one answer. On March 9, the doctor operates. There weeks later, Terry has an artificial leg.
He often thinks of the children with cancer in the hospital. He remembers a story about a man with one leg in the New York Marathon. He decides to run for children with cancer. He run a lot of place and a lot of people support and boost. He was award a prize of "Athlete of the Year". But Terry died on June 28, 1981. Letters come to the family around the world. "We are very sorry about Terry", they say.
I was very impressed. I think Terry Fox is very strong man. I would like to be a man like him. [186words]

0 件のコメント: