2010年1月8日金曜日

Book review 10 "What was it like?"



I read “What was It Like?” today. It was interesting but a little sad story for me. Biff, Chip, Gran, Wilma, Wilf, and so on are appearing in this story. I could learn Peace is very important and we must not cause a war ever.
Children are going part in a play. Biff and Chip also must training of the play. They look forward to the play. Biff’s grand mother watched the training. She was amazed with the Biff’s cloth because she had seen the cloth when she was a child. Biff explains about the cloth. “This cloth was worn at World War Two”. Biff’s grandmother could remember her memory from these clothes.
Grandmother explains about gas mask to other children, Wilma and Wilf. She says “we had to wear these gas masks at school every day.” They were amazed.
Biff did not like these old clothes because it is not useful and it is not fashionable for her. I could understand her mind because I also don’t like old clothes. I like useful and fashionable clothes. But in these days, a lot people could not wear the fashionable cloth, and they must wear used cloth or repaired clothes. Sometimes I sold my clothes to used cloth shop even it was new. So I thought I must treasure my cloth.
These children could not understand the people of the wartime, because they have not experience of wartime. So they start fool. Some children warned to these cause. Grand mother says that the war terrible time for everyone, so you must not fool the thing. These children were regretting the act. They felt sorry about these people.
I also have not experience of wartime, I did not know about the war not so much. But I watched a lot of television program and movie about the war. It was terrible. A lot of people were killed, and a lot of people were poor. I could learn about the war a little. I thought war destroy a lot of thing and kill a lot of people. And these wars not create anything. My grad father told me a lot of thing about war. He also experiences a lot of terrible thing. (369 words)

0 件のコメント: